Friday, September 14, 2012

Banks is a disgrace


The media are reporting that John Key is under pressure to sack John Banks, but he shouldn’t have to. If Banks had any sense of honour (ha!), he would save Key the trouble by resigning. He must realise the game is up. Any good Banks may have done in public life – and I admit I’m scratching my head trying to think of an example – has been negated by the scandal over political donations. He is a disgrace to the electorate he professes to represent and to the party whose reputation he has destroyed.

4 comments:

Lindsay Mitchell said...

Having been intimately involved in three elections with ACT I know their membership and supporters included many generous, honourable, honest and caring people. This johnny-come-lately had no history with ACT and now drags the party name through even more dirt. I don't know what you call a joke that has become even more laughable yet cruel. Perhaps you can think of one Karl.

Jigsaw said...

How sad that the only political party to stand for a colour blind New Zealand has been bought low by this creature. So many errors have lead to this.

RobertM said...

Agree. I find it incredible that Hooton and Ralston ever did PR for him and I presume wrote his speeches. There fee must have been enormous.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karl,

I'm not a fan of Banks but I know he has done some good work (maybe not in public life) with people suffering alcoholism.